By Mike Scott, Head Storyteller (@storytellermco)
Below are the 10 things I wish I knew when I started using Twitter, these 10 took me over 8 months to understand and implement...hopefully they can be of value to you and if you
have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!
1. Gratitude. When someone retweets native content, thank him or her for doing so. In person when someone opens a door for you...do you say thank you?
2. Twitter Advanced Search. You can target keywords, exact phrases, hashtags, specific people, locations, specific dates and more...enjoy!
3. Value. This seems obvious but to often people only focus on their own agenda. Tweet relevant information without the sales pitch; this will establish you as the "Go To" person for your industry and leads will come to you.
4. Automate. Use tools like www.buffer.com or www.hootsuite.com to automate tweets at the specific times your followers are on Twitter.
5. Grow. Use apps like www.crowdfire.com which allows you to “copy followers” or influencers that have the same target audience you want to focus on.
6. Influencers. Engage with influencers in your target audience by retweeting and adding value. Once you show you can add value to them they will be more apt to help share your message.
7. Hashtags. Use specific hashtags to your target audience and stay consistent with the same hashtags. The biggest mistake you can make is using different hashtags everyday...be an authority of your hashtag.
8. Use Images. Use images in your tweets. Tweets with images receive 18% more click-throughs, 89% more favorites and 150% more retweets.
9. Engagement. Respond to everyone that engages (comments, retweets, likes, etc.) with you. How would you feel if you were talking to someone at a party and they just ignored you and walked away?
10. Tweet consistently, There is a lot of discussion on how much you should tweet but in my personal experience...I tweet a lot! I tweet anywhere from 20 – 30 times per day and retweet just as much.
I believe Twitter is one of the most underestimated Social Media platforms, if you take the time to learn and actually interact with people you with already be light years ahead of where I was when I started. Again, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out!
Have a great day!
About Storyteller Media
Storyteller Media helps businesses connect to their audiences by creating and distributing creative, headline grabbing content that drives measurable results and ROI. We are social media agency built around helping you tell your story to the world. We were founded on the idea that everyone has a story to tell.